You Can Help! Guests can become members of the Key Peninsula Historical Society with a financial donation. Your membership in the KPHS helps us to preserve our history and includes some benefits:
Subscription to the Museum Messenger newsletter and special updates,
Exercise voting rights and eligibility to hold office,
Assist with historical research, develop and prepare displays while promoting historic preservation,
Develop and present educational programs,
Enjoy events to raise funds for the museum while learning about our history,
Opportunity to assist your community by participating in historic presentations, research, and classes,
Meet your neighbors and make new friends,
Shop in our store for books by local authors and artifacts from days gone by!
We happily accept all donations, however there are six suggested levels of membership:
|1) Single Person (annual) $10|
|2) Family/Household (annual) $25|
|3) Business (annual) $50|
|4) Patron (annual) $100|
|5) VIP (annual) $250|
|6) Lifetime $1,000|
When submitting membership please be sure to include your name and contact information.
Short on funds but still want to help?
The museum is always looking for volunteers! Here are some suggestions:
• Be a docent for the museum. Help keep the museum stay open by donating your time, three hours once or twice a month on Tuesdays or Saturdays.
• Help us compute. We have a lot of material that needs to be scanned and registered into our system. Share your computer skills and help us digitize our artifacts!
• Sort and categorize. The museum has hundreds of volumes of items, photographs, and records that need to be identified and sorted. Are you good at recognizing old buildings and people of the Key Peninsula? Give us a call.
• Are you Handy, can you help us clean up? The museum needs assistance with some carpentry and other maintenance projects. The old Vaughn Library Hall is currently undergoing a major cleanup effort and restoration, we could always use volunteers to help with trash collection, artifact sorting, and building maintenance.
• Do you live near Herron, Horseshoe Lake, or Wauna? We currently lack board representation from these areas. Email us or call (253) 884-2511 / (253) 884-5403 to find out more.